Designed with a penchant for speed, the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera from Canon is characterized by its APS-C-sized 20.2MP CMOS sensor, dual DIGIC 6 image processors, and a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps. Both a 65-point all cross-type phase-detection AF system and Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology benefit fast, accurate focusing performance for both optical viewfinder and live view shooting.
The EOS 7D Mark II has a newly designed 20.2 Megapixel sensor that delivers high-resolution image files with stunning detail and impressive clarity. Optimized for low-light shooting, the EOS 7D Mark II's sensor captures images at up to ISO 16000 (expandable to H1: 25600, H2: 51200) with remarkably low noise, thanks to its improved, higher sensitivity design. Phenomenal for stills, the EOS 7D Mark II's sensor is equally up to the task for movies, delivering Full HD capture even at rates of up to 60p.
Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
The EOS 7D Mark II's sensor works seamlessly with its Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors for advanced image processing across the board. These image processors help the EOS 7D Mark II capture up to 1090 JPEG, 31 RAW, and 19 RAW + JPEG shots in a single burst for amazing action photography. Further, they enable the camera's powerful image processing on-the-fly: lens aberration, variances in peripheral illumination and image distortion can all be corrected in real time thanks to the EOS 7D Mark II's Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF: Dual Pixel CMOS AF is a refined live view focusing technology that works to provide incredibly quick and precise autofocusing abilities that function in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across nearly 80% of the frame to help reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. Dual Pixel CMOS AF is utilized during live view applications, for either still or video shooting.
- EOS HD Video: Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates, up to 60 fps, in both the MOV and MP4 file formats. Additionally, uncompressed video can be recorded to an optional external recorded via the HDMI output. In-camera video is recorded using the high quality H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec and manual exposure control is supported for greater refinement over the look and feel of recordings.
- Scene Detection System and Exposure Metering: For enhanced precision in regard to exposure metering, an iSA (Intelligent Scene Analysis) system employs an independent 150,000-pixel RGB metering sensor, which benefits the iTR AF (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) system, for consistent, precise subject tracking and exposure metering capabilities. These systems also incorporated dedicated tracking algorithms designed to recognize faces and colors, too, to support both exposure metering and autofocus functions.
- 65-Point All Cross-Type AF System: When shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 65-point all cross-type autofocus system is used to provide wide frame coverage for acquiring focus accurately and quickly.
- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors: Featuring a 20.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 image processors, the 7D Mark II is capable of producing high-resolution, well-detailed still imagery and full HD 1080p video with notable sensitivity and minimal noise. A native ISO range of 100-16000, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200, is well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions and the processing power of the DIGIC 6 processors also contributes to enhanced low-light quality with smooth color and tonal gradations and corrected optical aberrations.
Parrot’s Jumping Night drone, a second-generation Minidrone with two powerful LEDs for exploring in the ...
A combination of user-friendly features and innovative design makes this one of the best of its range. Br...
Splash, water, dust resistant and introducing an all new glass design, 8 is an upgrade on the most famous...